TweakUI vs TweakVI

Posted: 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM
TweakUi basic is a valuable utility.
More elegant than TweakUI - but
some of the functions of TweakUI
are not available in TweakVI Basic.
Although the latter is far more complete.

My opinion is both should be installed.


TweakUI vs TweakVI


Responses to "TweakUI vs TweakVI"

Rick Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 02:50 PM
TweakVi is a third-party tool designed for use in Vista.

TweakUi is an XP powertoy designed by Microsoft and should not be used in a
Vista system.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"cqui3" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u5jIpmXeJHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> TweakUi basic is a valuable utility.
> More elegant than TweakUI - but
> some of the functions of TweakUI
> are not available in TweakVI Basic.
> Although the latter is far more complete.
>
> My opinion is both should be installed.
>
>
John Barnett MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Both are extremely good at doing what they were designed for; however you
cannot install both on the same system. TweakUI is for Windows XP and will
not install on Windows Vista. TweakVI, on the other hand, is only suitable
for Vista.

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org


The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..


"cqui3" <cqui3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u5jIpmXeJHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> TweakUi basic is a valuable utility.
> More elegant than TweakUI - but
> some of the functions of TweakUI
> are not available in TweakVI Basic.
> Although the latter is far more complete.
>
> My opinion is both should be installed.
>
>
cqui3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 07:38 PM


I keeep repeating that IT WORKS with Vista and Win7.
TweakUi 1.33 that is.
See my message with subject title "TweakUI vs TweakVI (IT WORKS) -
which I reposted yesterday.


"John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> a écrit dans le message de
news:e99h2rYeJHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Both are extremely good at doing what they were designed for; however you
> cannot install both on the same system. TweakUI is for Windows XP and will
> not install on Windows Vista. TweakVI, on the other hand, is only suitable
> for Vista.
>
cqui3
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Correction.

Message subject to look for is "Using TweakUI in Vista (IT WORKS)"


"cqui3" <cqui3@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:urlANRaeJHA.3776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
>
> I keeep repeating that IT WORKS with Vista and Win7.
> TweakUi 1.33 that is.
> See my message with subject title "TweakUI vs TweakVI (IT WORKS) -
> which I reposted yesterday.
>
>
> "John Barnett MVP" <freelance@invalid.invalid> a écrit dans le message de
> news:e99h2rYeJHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Both are extremely good at doing what they were designed for; however you
>> cannot install both on the same system. TweakUI is for Windows XP and
>> will not install on Windows Vista. TweakVI, on the other hand, is only
>> suitable for Vista.
>>
>
Stubbo of Oz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:36:47 -0000, "John Barnett MVP"
<freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Both are extremely good at doing what they were designed for; however you
>cannot install both on the same system. TweakUI is for Windows XP and will
>not install on Windows Vista.
> Snip ....................
TweakUI 1.33 installed OK on my Vista. Whether it works properly is
something else - I am about to find out!!

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:50:24 -0500, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
wrote:
>TweakVi is a third-party tool designed for use in Vista.
>
>TweakUi is an XP powertoy designed by Microsoft and should not be used in a
>Vista system.
Is there a technical reason why it should not be used with Vista? It
instals OK

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
----------------
Rick Rogers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Not all the settings changes it has may work as intended. Some of the
intended keys are now protected by sets of permissions.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:1p97n49nhu2sfktde96p2cr87dbflspvqn@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:50:24 -0500, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>TweakVi is a third-party tool designed for use in Vista.
>>
>>TweakUi is an XP powertoy designed by Microsoft and should not be used in
>>a
>>Vista system.
>
> Is there a technical reason why it should not be used with Vista? It
> instals OK
>
> --
> ----------------
> Stubbo of Oz
> ----------------
Stubbo of Oz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:26:40 -0500, "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org>
wrote:
>Not all the settings changes it has may work as intended. Some of the
>intended keys are now protected by sets of permissions.
Thanks Rick

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
----------------
TomV
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: TweakUI vs TweakVI
Posted: 01-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Stubbo of Oz wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:36:47 -0000, "John Barnett MVP"
> <freelance@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Both are extremely good at doing what they were designed for; however you
>> cannot install both on the same system. TweakUI is for Windows XP and will
>> not install on Windows Vista.
>> Snip ....................
>
> TweakUI 1.33 installed OK on my Vista. Whether it works properly is
> something else - I am about to find out!!
>
Why not just use TweakUI for Vista?

http://www.winvistaclub.com/Ultimate...s_Tweaker.html
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!! news.microsoft.com Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 31 10-24-2008 07:01 AM
Vista TweakVi WARNING!!!!!!!!! news.microsoft.com Windows Vista Security 31 10-24-2008 07:01 AM
TweakVI 1.01 build 1012 Carlos Windows Vista 13 11-05-2006 05:38 AM
TweakUI Reg Key Woodstok Customize Windows XP 1 12-09-2004 04:10 PM
where's the new tweakui? - T00LF00L - Customize Windows XP 8 08-14-2003 09:51 PM