Unable to Log-in to Guest account

Posted: 08-13-2008, 08:56 PM
When I tried to log on to a guest account, it just keep loading and nothing
is happening. It says something like "Setting up personalized setting for:
Internet Explorer" or Windows Mail. I am able to log in to standard and admin
account, so what in the world is the problem. The system isn't freezing while
it is loading. Any ideas?

Unable to Log-in to Guest account


Responses to "Unable to Log-in to Guest account"

oscar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-15-2008, 01:13 AM
When a new account is first opened it may take a couple minutes as the
account's settings are being loaded. Have you been giving the Guest account
sufficient time to load?


--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...


"Helixer" wrote:
> When I tried to log on to a guest account, it just keep loading and nothing
> is happening. It says something like "Setting up personalized setting for:
> Internet Explorer" or Windows Mail. I am able to log in to standard and admin
> account, so what in the world is the problem. The system isn't freezing while
> it is loading. Any ideas?
Helixer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, I'd waited at least 5 min. or more. Is that normal? Should i wait i
little bit more longer.

"oscar" wrote:
> When a new account is first opened it may take a couple minutes as the
> account's settings are being loaded. Have you been giving the Guest account
> sufficient time to load?
>
>
> --
> oscar
>
> ...Right click is your very good friend...
>
>
> "Helixer" wrote:
>
> > When I tried to log on to a guest account, it just keep loading and nothing
> > is happening. It says something like "Setting up personalized setting for:
> > Internet Explorer" or Windows Mail. I am able to log in to standard and admin
> > account, so what in the world is the problem. The system isn't freezing while
> > it is loading. Any ideas?
oscar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Desktop, Gadgets on sidebar and Welcome Center should appear within 2-3
minutes, unless there's some application running in the background that is
preventing your Guest account from opening. You may have corrupted files that
are preventing Guest account from opening properly.

As a workaround (until you discover the source of Guest account's inability
to open) is to open a standard user account for your guests.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...


"Helixer" wrote:
> Yes, I'd waited at least 5 min. or more. Is that normal? Should i wait i
> little bit more longer.
>
> "oscar" wrote:
>
> > When a new account is first opened it may take a couple minutes as the
> > account's settings are being loaded. Have you been giving the Guest account
> > sufficient time to load?
> >
> >
> > --
> > oscar
> >
> > ...Right click is your very good friend...
> >
> >
> > "Helixer" wrote:
> >
> > > When I tried to log on to a guest account, it just keep loading and nothing
> > > is happening. It says something like "Setting up personalized setting for:
> > > Internet Explorer" or Windows Mail. I am able to log in to standard and admin
> > > account, so what in the world is the problem. The system isn't freezing while
> > > it is loading. Any ideas?
Helixer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
So other than corrupted files, there's no way to pinpoint the problem and
possible fix it. I guess the only option left is to format the entire system.
I'm really trying to avoid formating coz it takes a lot of work. Is there
some kind of troubleshooting that can fix this?


"oscar" wrote:
> Desktop, Gadgets on sidebar and Welcome Center should appear within 2-3
> minutes, unless there's some application running in the background that is
> preventing your Guest account from opening. You may have corrupted files that
> are preventing Guest account from opening properly.
>
> As a workaround (until you discover the source of Guest account's inability
> to open) is to open a standard user account for your guests.
> --
> oscar
>
> ...Right click is your very good friend...
>
>
> "Helixer" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I'd waited at least 5 min. or more. Is that normal? Should i wait i
> > little bit more longer.
> >
> > "oscar" wrote:
> >
> > > When a new account is first opened it may take a couple minutes as the
> > > account's settings are being loaded. Have you been giving the Guest account
> > > sufficient time to load?
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > oscar
> > >
> > > ...Right click is your very good friend...
> > >
> > >
> > > "Helixer" wrote:
> > >
> > > > When I tried to log on to a guest account, it just keep loading and nothing
> > > > is happening. It says something like "Setting up personalized setting for:
> > > > Internet Explorer" or Windows Mail. I am able to log in to standard and admin
> > > > account, so what in the world is the problem. The system isn't freezing while
> > > > it is loading. Any ideas?
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-15-2008, 10:57 PM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:51:01 -0700, Helixer
<Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>So other than corrupted files, there's no way to pinpoint the problem and
>possible fix it. I guess the only option left is to format the entire system.
Did you try to create a totally new "guest" account, using a name
other than "guest"?? That would be the preferred way to let others
use your computer anyway.
Helixer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Yeah, that's what i'm doing at the moment. But I still prefer the real
"guest" account.


"Paul Montgomery" wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:51:01 -0700, Helixer
> <Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >So other than corrupted files, there's no way to pinpoint the problem and
> >possible fix it. I guess the only option left is to format the entire system.
>
> Did you try to create a totally new "guest" account, using a name
> other than "guest"?? That would be the preferred way to let others
> use your computer anyway.
>
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Unable to Log-in to Guest account
Posted: 08-17-2008, 05:45 AM
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:03:04 -0700, Helixer
<Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Yeah, that's what i'm doing at the moment. But I still prefer the real
>"guest" account.
You might do some Googling of "security guest account vista" and see
what you find.

You're better off NOT using that account.

>"Paul Montgomery" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:51:01 -0700, Helixer
>> <Helixer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >So other than corrupted files, there's no way to pinpoint the problem and
>> >possible fix it. I guess the only option left is to format the entire system.
>>
>> Did you try to create a totally new "guest" account, using a name
>> other than "guest"?? That would be the preferred way to let others
>> use your computer anyway.
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Main account is guest account by mistake Lane Windows Vista Administration 1 07-01-2008 04:31 AM
Unable to create 'Guest' account MapleE. Windows Vista Administration 4 12-16-2007 09:29 PM
move all contents from guest account to a real account john Windows Vista Administration 2 11-18-2007 01:07 AM
XP Professional - Unable to create New or Guest Account Dave of Newberg Windows XP Configuration & Management 0 04-04-2006 12:46 AM
Guest account and limited account user Manouska Windows XP Setup 0 09-13-2003 09:01 AM