Update Page missing not fully displayed

Posted: 12-18-2008, 03:24 AM
I have been unable to find my answer to the update page. When I go to windows
update the page comes up but it is missing a lot of icons and I am unable to
control the page. Plus my updates are out of whack because I cannot review my
history and check for updates that are not being installed correctly. Please
help....greg

Update Page missing not fully displayed


Responses to "Update Page missing not fully displayed"

MowGreen [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Update Page missing not fully displayed
Posted: 12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Try registering this file by going to the Start Orb > Run > type or copy
& paste the following into the Open: line and then click OK or press Enter

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

If Run is not present on the Start Menu, then here's how to display it:
http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...windows-vista/


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


gregolson65 wrote:
> I have been unable to find my answer to the update page. When I go to windows
> update the page comes up but it is missing a lot of icons and I am unable to
> control the page. Plus my updates are out of whack because I cannot review my
> history and check for updates that are not being installed correctly. Please
> help....greg
gregolson65
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Update Page missing not fully displayed
Posted: 12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I ran that command and a RegSvr32 window popps up saying "The module
"msxml3.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Service failed with error
code 0x800700005"

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> Try registering this file by going to the Start Orb > Run > type or copy
> & paste the following into the Open: line and then click OK or press Enter
>
> regsvr32 msxml3.dll
>
> If Run is not present on the Start Menu, then here's how to display it:
> http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...windows-vista/
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
> gregolson65 wrote:
>
> > I have been unable to find my answer to the update page. When I go to windows
> > update the page comes up but it is missing a lot of icons and I am unable to
> > control the page. Plus my updates are out of whack because I cannot review my
> > history and check for updates that are not being installed correctly. Please
> > help....greg
>
MowGreen [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Update Page missing not fully displayed
Posted: 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM
0x800700005 indicates a Permissions issue. It's caused by a 3rd party
firewall/AV/security suite or malware.
Either post back with the names of the above, scan the system for the
presence of malware:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
or, temporarily disable the 3rd party firewall/AV/sec suite, enable the
native Vista firewall and then attempt to update once more.
All services and processes associated with the AV/sec suite must also be
disabled. The quickest way to do that is to Clean Boot the system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



gregolson65 wrote:
> I ran that command and a RegSvr32 window popps up saying "The module
> "msxml3.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegister Service failed with error
> code 0x800700005"
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>
>>Try registering this file by going to the Start Orb > Run > type or copy
>>& paste the following into the Open: line and then click OK or press Enter
>>
>>regsvr32 msxml3.dll
>>
>>If Run is not present on the Start Menu, then here's how to display it:
>>http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...windows-vista/
>>
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>
>>
>>gregolson65 wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have been unable to find my answer to the update page. When I go to windows
>>>update the page comes up but it is missing a lot of icons and I am unable to
>>>control the page. Plus my updates are out of whack because I cannot review my
>>>history and check for updates that are not being installed correctly. Please
>>>help....greg
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fully written page numbers as running headers Gabriel_Lovato@adobeforums.com Mac Indesign 3 08-21-2008 07:27 PM
"This page can`t be displayed" UPDATE Fergie Windows XP New Users 0 10-26-2004 02:58 PM
Internet Explorer page reads The page cannot be displayed mimi Windows XP New Users 2 01-10-2004 03:25 AM
Home page not FULLY visible kenny Windows XP New Users 0 12-24-2003 06:31 PM
Browser will not go to the next page until the one fully loads. Jerry Customize Windows XP 1 09-11-2003 04:04 AM