Re: video card trouble

Posted: 08-22-2003, 07:46 AM
How fast is your CPU and what refresh rate are you running?

"refreash rate to 1280 X 1024 16 bit or 32 bit" is not a
refresh rate. 1280x 1024 is the resolution, about 1.4
megapixels, 16 bit is the number of colors and 32 bit is
more colors and color effects. A refresh rate would be 60,
85, or 100 Hz which means the screen is redrawn that many
times a second. 60 Hz will flicker, 85 Hz usually looks OK
and 100 Hz may be more than the CPU and graphics card can
deliver.


"T.C." <t__cruise@[REMOVE]hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:urAyzlHaDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| If the drivers on the CD didn't have the problem, then go
back to them.
| Newer drivers arren't always better. "If it ain't broken
don't fix it."
| --
| T.C.
| Pay it forward...
| t__cruise@[REMOVE]hotmail.com
| Delete [REMOVE] from email address to respond by email
|
| "amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
| news:rAi1b.8913$xf.3273@lakeread06...
| > I have windows xp, creativelabs live x-gamer, ecs
motherboard(sis chipset)
| > and the ati radeon 9200 se. My problem is on my monitor
When i have the
| > refreash rate to 1280 X 1024 16 bit or 32 bit.
Everything on my display
| has
| > a like a blur or shadow to it. But at the lower refresh
rate its not to
| bad
| > but still noticeable. I installed the ltest drivers.
should i go back to
| > drivers from cd? please help!
| >
| >
|
|
| ---
| Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
| Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
| Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date:
8/19/2003
|


Re: video card trouble


Responses to "Re: video card trouble"

Patricko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Ya what Jim said, I also might add to check your monitor to see if it is
capable of that resolution. I just went stupid with mine could not figure
out why it looked funny, and found that I needed to go up one more in the
resolution to clear it up. while the Graphic card had no problems with it,
it was the monitor itself. I looked up a list in the manual and sure enough
had it set on a screen res that was not supported by the monitor

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang-spoof-36@invaildhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%230XbHHIaDHA.2960@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How fast is your CPU and what refresh rate are you running?
>
> "refreash rate to 1280 X 1024 16 bit or 32 bit" is not a
> refresh rate. 1280x 1024 is the resolution, about 1.4
> megapixels, 16 bit is the number of colors and 32 bit is
> more colors and color effects. A refresh rate would be 60,
> 85, or 100 Hz which means the screen is redrawn that many
> times a second. 60 Hz will flicker, 85 Hz usually looks OK
> and 100 Hz may be more than the CPU and graphics card can
> deliver.
>
>
> "T.C." <t__cruise@[REMOVE]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:urAyzlHaDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> | If the drivers on the CD didn't have the problem, then go
> back to them.
> | Newer drivers arren't always better. "If it ain't broken
> don't fix it."
> | --
> | T.C.
> | Pay it forward...
> | t__cruise@[REMOVE]hotmail.com
> | Delete [REMOVE] from email address to respond by email
> |
> | "amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
> | news:rAi1b.8913$xf.3273@lakeread06...
> | > I have windows xp, creativelabs live x-gamer, ecs
> motherboard(sis chipset)
> | > and the ati radeon 9200 se. My problem is on my monitor
> When i have the
> | > refreash rate to 1280 X 1024 16 bit or 32 bit.
> Everything on my display
> | has
> | > a like a blur or shadow to it. But at the lower refresh
> rate its not to
> | bad
> | > but still noticeable. I installed the ltest drivers.
> should i go back to
> | > drivers from cd? please help!
> | >
> | >
> |
> |
> | ---
> | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> | Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> | Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date:
> 8/19/2003
> |
>
>

Mike Brearley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-22-2003, 05:58 PM
You're posting from the year 2016. (just thought I'd let you know)

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley


"amsjsj" <amsjsj@cox.net> wrote in message
news:rAi1b.8913$xf.3273@lakeread06...
> I have windows xp, creativelabs live x-gamer, ecs motherboard(sis chipset)
> and the ati radeon 9200 se. My problem is on my monitor When i have the
> refreash rate to 1280 X 1024 16 bit or 32 bit. Everything on my display
has
> a like a blur or shadow to it. But at the lower refresh rate its not to
bad
> but still noticeable. I installed the ltest drivers. should i go back to
> drivers from cd? please help!
>
>

Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-23-2003, 04:22 AM
Try setting your computer to the correct date. That fixes all video card
trouble.

-M


Mike Brearley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-25-2003, 01:11 PM
It does? That's great!



"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
news:VZB1b.79784$On2.3718796@twister.tampabay.rr.c om...
> Try setting your computer to the correct date. That fixes all video card
> trouble.
>
> -M
>
>

Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Don't you know video cards have somn' called a "clock speed?" If your
computer date is set in the future, like 1016, your video card won't know
you even turned on your computer until 1016!!! Duh!

-M

"Mike Brearley" <mike_brearleyNOSPAM@DONTDOIThotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e5L47pwaDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> It does? That's great!
>
>
>
> "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> news:VZB1b.79784$On2.3718796@twister.tampabay.rr.c om...
> > Try setting your computer to the correct date. That fixes all video card
> > trouble.
> >
> > -M
> >
> >
>
>
>

Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Sorry, I was chatting on Yahoo with someone from the year 1016 trying to
warn him of the Y2K problem. I got confused.

-M


"TonyP" <tony@walshsimmons.com> wrote in message
news:OJR3d7%23aDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> 1016? Don't you mean 2016? Duh!
>

Mike Brearley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Warn him of the y2k problem? What problem? As I recall it turned out to be
a few annoyances and that was it. Although you can tell him to warn all the
techs that they don't have to stay late at work on December 31, 1999 to
ensure that the year 2000 transition goes smoothly. They can go enjoy all
the millennium fun that their friends are having!!

Of course the main issue here is how the heck did someone from 1016 have
yahoo or even a computer to use yahoo? While your at it, did you mention to
them to leave a message for you to buy yahoo stock as soon as it comes on
the market? You could be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams then!! hehe

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley


"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
news:fWY2b.5966$O36.356051@twister.tampabay.rr.com ...
> Sorry, I was chatting on Yahoo with someone from the year 1016 trying to
> warn him of the Y2K problem. I got confused.
>
> -M
>
>
> "TonyP" <tony@walshsimmons.com> wrote in message
> news:OJR3d7%23aDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > 1016? Don't you mean 2016? Duh!
> >
>
>

Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Apparently back in 1016, computers were nothing more than a fad - like laser
disc and HDTV. Computers never took off again until the 1980's. He said he
was on a nice little island in the South Pacific called Easter Island. He
had set his date to 2003 and somehow showed up on my Yahoo Messenger.

-M


Mike Brearley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: video card trouble
Posted: 08-27-2003, 07:41 PM
LOL

But I don't think that HDTV is going to be a fad like laser discs were.

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
lack of caffeine.

Mike Brearley


"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
news:NI73b.2975$7M6.184744@twister.tampabay.rr.com ...
> Apparently back in 1016, computers were nothing more than a fad - like
laser
> disc and HDTV. Computers never took off again until the 1980's. He said he
> was on a nice little island in the South Pacific called Easter Island. He
> had set his date to 2003 and somehow showed up on my Yahoo Messenger.
>
> -M
>
>

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video card driver trouble still Charles Zimmerman Windows XP Help & Support 0 01-05-2004 06:31 AM
Trouble with video card?? bossmitch@bigfoot.com Windows XP Games 6 12-05-2003 11:24 PM
Video Card Trouble!!!! Kevin Whitfield Windows XP Help & Support 2 10-26-2003 02:13 PM
video card trouble amsjsj Windows XP Basics 5 09-04-2003 06:18 PM
trouble installing new video card Rich Barry Windows XP Hardware 1 09-01-2003 11:25 AM