virus/spyware

Posted: 01-22-2004, 09:53 PM
does any body know any sites where i can scan my laptop
for viruses and spyware with out having to download
anything thanks

virus/spyware


Responses to "virus/spyware"

Steve C. Ray
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: virus/spyware
Posted: 01-22-2004, 10:05 PM
There are many. Do a Google search.

--
Steve C. Ray
Replace "mail" with "36db"
"neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2b6701c3e132$25062540$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> does any body know any sites where i can scan my laptop
> for viruses and spyware with out having to download
> anything thanks

Dell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: virus/spyware
Posted: 01-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Do you really want to allow such lax security settings on your PC that you
allow web sites access to scan your HD? Downloading adaware from lavasoft &
AVG anti-virus from grisoft, then update their dat files makes a lot more
sense, and both solutions are free.

PS - don't do a smart scan in AdAware; set it to scan your entire C: (and
any other hard drive letters) completely.


"Steve C. Ray" <stevec@mail.com> wrote in message
news:eujwJPT4DHA.4068@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> There are many. Do a Google search.
>
> --
> Steve C. Ray
> Replace "mail" with "36db"
> "neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2b6701c3e132$25062540$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > does any body know any sites where i can scan my laptop
> > for viruses and spyware with out having to download
> > anything thanks
>
>

Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: virus/spyware
Posted: 01-23-2004, 07:30 AM
>-----Original Message-----
>Do you really want to allow such lax security settings on
your PC that you
>allow web sites access to scan your HD? Downloading
adaware from lavasoft &
>AVG anti-virus from grisoft, then update their dat files
makes a lot more
>sense, and both solutions are free.
>
>PS - don't do a smart scan in AdAware; set it to scan your
entire C: (and
>any other hard drive letters) completely.
>
>
>"Steve C. Ray" <stevec@mail.com> wrote in message
>news:eujwJPT4DHA.4068@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> There are many. Do a Google search.
>>
>> --
>> Steve C. Ray
>> Replace "mail" with "36db"
>> "neo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2b6701c3e132$25062540$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> > does any body know any sites where i can scan my laptop
>> > for viruses and spyware with out having to download
>> > anything thanks
>>
>>
>
>
>.
>You really should read and heed the advice here:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/security.htm

It describes the basic things that MUST be done if you're
going to protect your computer from the things that are
loose on the Internet.

Bill
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let me try again if You have Family Safety installed can other programs such as Virus and spyware... Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 04-13-2008 11:31 PM
If I run Spyware doctor with anti-virus and AVG, will they conflict with each other? Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 02-24-2008 08:28 PM
HELP! possible virus or spyware Windows XP Performance & Maintenance 0 01-08-2004 04:43 AM
virus or spyware has hijacked by IE home page TPN Windows XP Help & Support 3 10-21-2003 11:58 AM
ntsvc6h.exe? Virus? Spyware? Or, normal? Jeff Salisbury Windows XP 0 08-05-2003 05:22 AM