Vista and SP1

Posted: 06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
it say that this patch does not apply to this system.

Vista and SP1


Responses to "Vista and SP1"

Susan Bradley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista and SP1
Posted: 06-21-2008, 03:44 AM
RIKI wrote:
> Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
> newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
> and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
> it say that this patch does not apply to this system.
Most service packs know to pick up the right bits.

How do you know it's the older vulnerable version?
RIKI
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista and SP1
Posted: 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Testing multiple systems and checking version before and after the SP1
install. Also vulnerability scanning using PatchLink scanned clean before
installing SP1 and vulnerable after installing SP1, and notes this 'wmi.dll'
and dates/version are changed.

"Susan Bradley" wrote:
> RIKI wrote:
> > Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
> > newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
> > and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
> > it say that this patch does not apply to this system.
> Most service packs know to pick up the right bits.
>
> How do you know it's the older vulnerable version?
>
Susan Bradley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista and SP1
Posted: 06-24-2008, 01:36 AM
RIKI wrote:
> Testing multiple systems and checking version before and after the SP1
> install. Also vulnerability scanning using PatchLink scanned clean before
> installing SP1 and vulnerable after installing SP1, and notes this 'wmi.dll'
> and dates/version are changed.
>
> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>
>> RIKI wrote:
>>> Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
>>> newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
>>> and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
>>> it say that this patch does not apply to this system.
>> Most service packs know to pick up the right bits.
>>
>> How do you know it's the older vulnerable version?
>>
Can you give the date version file details?
RIKI
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista and SP1
Posted: 06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes, prior to the update (MS07-032 KB931213) 'wmi.dll' has date 2006/11/02
and version 6.0.6000.16386 after the update 'wmi.dll' has date 06/20/2007 and
version 6.0.6000.16470, then installing Vista SP1 this file is replaced with
'wmi.dll' has date 2006/11/02 and version 6.0.6000.16386 again. This was
tested on Several production systems as well as serveral VMware test systems
and Virtual PC Vista systems.

"Susan Bradley" wrote:
> RIKI wrote:
> > Testing multiple systems and checking version before and after the SP1
> > install. Also vulnerability scanning using PatchLink scanned clean before
> > installing SP1 and vulnerable after installing SP1, and notes this 'wmi.dll'
> > and dates/version are changed.
> >
> > "Susan Bradley" wrote:
> >
> >> RIKI wrote:
> >>> Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
> >>> newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
> >>> and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
> >>> it say that this patch does not apply to this system.
> >> Most service packs know to pick up the right bits.
> >>
> >> How do you know it's the older vulnerable version?
> >>
> Can you give the date version file details?
>
Susan Bradley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista and SP1
Posted: 06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks.
Kicking this up the ladder, will keep you posted.

RIKI wrote:
> Yes, prior to the update (MS07-032 KB931213) 'wmi.dll' has date 2006/11/02
> and version 6.0.6000.16386 after the update 'wmi.dll' has date 06/20/2007 and
> version 6.0.6000.16470, then installing Vista SP1 this file is replaced with
> 'wmi.dll' has date 2006/11/02 and version 6.0.6000.16386 again. This was
> tested on Several production systems as well as serveral VMware test systems
> and Virtual PC Vista systems.
>
> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>
>> RIKI wrote:
>>> Testing multiple systems and checking version before and after the SP1
>>> install. Also vulnerability scanning using PatchLink scanned clean before
>>> installing SP1 and vulnerable after installing SP1, and notes this 'wmi.dll'
>>> and dates/version are changed.
>>>
>>> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>>>
>>>> RIKI wrote:
>>>>> Patch applied (MS07-032 KB931213) in which it updates the 'wmi.dll' to a
>>>>> newer version. After installing Vista SP1 it changes the 'wmi.dll' back to
>>>>> and older version, which is vulnerable. Try to reapply the above patch and
>>>>> it say that this patch does not apply to this system.
>>>> Most service packs know to pick up the right bits.
>>>>
>>>> How do you know it's the older vulnerable version?
>>>>
>> Can you give the date version file details?
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I Use Windows Vista To Restore My PC Backup Without A Vista Partition But With A Vista DVD? Guest Windows Vista 0 04-16-2008 11:00 AM
How to port Vista mails from a Vista PC to another Vista PC Yong Windows Vista Mail 5 04-23-2007 11:21 AM
Vista Ulitimate 64 ~ Media Center works with Hauppauge HVR 1600, or Vista has 4MB memory . Not both. Robert Windows Vista Hardware & Devices 0 04-14-2007 08:29 PM
So called Vista Upgrade Advisor Lies to Sell OEM Vista (no recovery mechanism when you buy) Chad Harris Windows Vista Install & Setup 1 09-10-2006 11:26 AM
Dual Boot XP Drive1, Vista Drive3 - Vista Black Screen issue Coakeyoakey Windows Vista 1 06-05-2006 12:53 PM