Vista Limited Connectivity Issues due to update.

Posted: 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM

I've a few Dell optiplex 760's and a few optiplex 755's that have Vist
Business x86 installed and that are having issues with limite
connectivity due to a update. There was a simular thread at one poin
but there was no info supplied as to what the solution was. I would lik
to know which update it is that is managing to pass through my WU
server so that I can block it from being sent out. Sorry to dreg u
something so old but we just recently started having these issues las
month. I have noticed that if I uninstall SP1 for Vista it will solv
the issue but the issue didn't happen until well after the SP1 patc
came out. I've checked several sites and still have come up with n
answer. I guess I will uninstall these updates as suggested above but
if I could get an answer before my computer becomes super vulnerabl
again that would be even better

Also, as an interesting side note..
This update seems to be messing with anything that has to do with DN
and hosting services. Also, the internet is unaffected and the networ
connectivity shows that I have Limited LAN access but no WAN access

Thanks for everything ahead of time. Hope the extra information helps

--
Chaoticflyer

Vista Limited Connectivity Issues due to update.


Responses to "Vista Limited Connectivity Issues due to update."

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Vista Limited Connectivity Issues due to update.
Posted: 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't know which update is responsible for that. In some cases, after
installing a update, you may need to install a new driver for the NIC or
firmware for the router. Please post back if you find it.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Chaoticflyer" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:020de6d6c67e0928ad13ee38eeba9a38@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I've a few Dell optiplex 760's and a few optiplex 755's that have Vista
> Business x86 installed and that are having issues with limited
> connectivity due to a update. There was a simular thread at one point
> but there was no info supplied as to what the solution was. I would like
> to know which update it is that is managing to pass through my WUS
> server so that I can block it from being sent out. Sorry to dreg up
> something so old but we just recently started having these issues last
> month. I have noticed that if I uninstall SP1 for Vista it will solve
> the issue but the issue didn't happen until well after the SP1 patch
> came out. I've checked several sites and still have come up with no
> answer. I guess I will uninstall these updates as suggested above but,
> if I could get an answer before my computer becomes super vulnerable
> again that would be even better.
>
> Also, as an interesting side note...
> This update seems to be messing with anything that has to do with DNS
> and hosting services. Also, the internet is unaffected and the network
> connectivity shows that I have Limited LAN access but no WAN access.
>
> Thanks for everything ahead of time. Hope the extra information helps.
>
>
> --
> Chaoticflyer
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Update causes limited connectivity George Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 1 07-06-2007 03:16 PM
Windows Vista, Limited Connectivity Lil Stevie Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 7 07-02-2007 10:57 AM
Limited connectivity with Vista notebook BrianF Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 3 02-07-2007 10:06 PM
nForce 570 / Vista Beta 2 / Limited Connectivity MediocreGuy Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 7 08-31-2006 06:25 PM
Microsoft Update for Router Connectivity Issues MICHAEL Windows Vista 0 07-06-2006 02:25 AM