vista shut down features

Posted: 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently battled with a virus on my computer. I did get my compute
cleaned up alright, I mean it seems to be processing fine. I ran
couple of different virus-sides on it and I also ran a few spy-ware
ad-ware programs. All of the software logs that my computer is no longe
infected, and it is performing much better now.

When the attack took place, the operating system disabled some feature
and changed my desktop background. I then went to changed the backgroun
and there was a message saying that the feature was disable, and t
please contact my computer administrator.

I was just wondering if anyone here would know how to go about enablin
these features, since this is my personal computer, I suppose that make
me the administrator.

all help is much appreciated, thanks in advance,
~Clanste

--
clanstercasua
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
clanstercasual's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=10
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1726

vista shut down features


Responses to "vista shut down features"

Brink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: vista shut down features
Posted: 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Hello Clanstercasual,

This tutorial may be able to help you. Check to make sure that it is
Enabled and set to Show.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...nt-change.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

clanstercasual;785960 Wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently battled with a virus on my computer. I did get my computer
> cleaned up alright, I mean it seems to be processing fine. I ran a
> couple of different virus-sides on it and I also ran a few spy-ware/
> ad-ware programs. All of the software logs that my computer is no
> longer
> infected, and it is performing much better now.
>
> When the attack took place, the operating system disabled some features
> and changed my desktop background. I then went to changed the
> background
> and there was a message saying that the feature was disable, and to
> please contact my computer administrator.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone here would know how to go about enabling
> these features, since this is my personal computer, I suppose that
> makes
> me the administrator.
>
> all help is much appreciated, thanks in advance,
> ~Clanster
>
>
> --
> clanstercasual
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> clanstercasual's Profile: 'Windows Vista Help Forum - View Profile:
> clanstercasual' (http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=105)
> View this thread: 'vista shut down features - Windows Vista Help Forum'
> (http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17263)

--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot add Optional Features to Vista Or Tsemah Windows Vista Performance & Maintenance 1 11-04-2007 04:11 AM
Vista built-in fax features Nguyen Minh Tuan Windows Vista Printers & Scanners 3 03-18-2007 04:12 AM
Vista features??? t.cruise Windows Vista 6 06-15-2006 03:12 PM
Vista Features Question Ed Dixon Windows Vista 5 04-28-2006 11:28 AM
Vista features David Windows Vista 3 04-16-2006 06:57 PM