Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?

Posted: 02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Andreas Eibach wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm gonna post this here because there is no Win7 usenet group (yet).
> Plain and simple: library search doesn't work for me at all.
>
> I've done the steps exactly to the tutorial: add ONE folder with
> subfolders (and I kept it to one tree for now)
>
> Then I tried searching, even for most primitive combinations like c*.* or
> c* but absolutely no search results.
>
> Does library search happen to be still broken in current public beta?
> (7000)
Here is where you should post questions about Win7:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?


Responses to "Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?"

Andreas Eibach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Greetings,

I'm gonna post this here because there is no Win7 usenet group (yet).
Plain and simple: library search doesn't work for me at all.

I've done the steps exactly to the tutorial: add ONE folder with subfolders
(and I kept it to one tree for now)

Then I tried searching, even for most primitive combinations like c*.* or c*
but absolutely no search results.

Does library search happen to be still broken in current public beta? (7000)

-Andreas

Andreas Eibach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-20-2009, 06:10 PM


"Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:e#wF9ApkJHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm gonna post this here because there is no Win7 usenet group (yet).
>> Plain and simple: library search doesn't work for me at all.
>>
>> I've done the steps exactly to the tutorial: add ONE folder with
>> subfolders (and I kept it to one tree for now)
>>
>> Then I tried searching, even for most primitive combinations like c*.* or
>> c* but absolutely no search results.
>>
>> Does library search happen to be still broken in current public beta?
>> (7000)
>
> Here is where you should post questions about Win7:
I take this as a joke?

I'm now FORCED to use a www forum instead of a usenet group?
I refuse to do that because due to the "Let's imitate DTP as closely as
possible" nature of www forums, these have always been slow as a snail.
That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
And if microsoft.* tree does not want to provide a usenet group--well, no
problem, so I'll just find one elsewhere.

-Andreas

Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Andreas Eibach wrote:
> I take this as a joke?
>
> I'm now FORCED to use a www forum instead of a usenet group?
> I refuse to do that because due to the "Let's imitate DTP as closely as
> possible" nature of www forums, these have always been slow as a snail.
> That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
> And if microsoft.* tree does not want to provide a usenet group--well, no
> problem, so I'll just find one elsewhere.
No, it's not a joke and I agree with you that Usenet is preferable to
forums. However, since MS doesn't provide a public newsgroup for the Win7
beta there you go. Maybe there is a public non-MS newsgroup that will meet
your needs. I haven't looked so can't provide the information for you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi, Andreas.
> That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
Many MVPs - including myself! - agree with you. Vociferously!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000

"Andreas Eibach" <aeibach@mail.com> wrote in message
news:7089v9Fn23v9U1@mid.uni-berlin.de...
>
>
> "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:e#wF9ApkJHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I'm gonna post this here because there is no Win7 usenet group (yet).
>>> Plain and simple: library search doesn't work for me at all.
>>>
>>> I've done the steps exactly to the tutorial: add ONE folder with
>>> subfolders (and I kept it to one tree for now)
>>>
>>> Then I tried searching, even for most primitive combinations like c*.*
>>> or
>>> c* but absolutely no search results.
>>>
>>> Does library search happen to be still broken in current public beta?
>>> (7000)
>>
>> Here is where you should post questions about Win7:
>
> I take this as a joke?
>
> I'm now FORCED to use a www forum instead of a usenet group?
> I refuse to do that because due to the "Let's imitate DTP as closely as
> possible" nature of www forums, these have always been slow as a snail.
> That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
> And if microsoft.* tree does not want to provide a usenet group--well, no
> problem, so I'll just find one elsewhere.
>
> -Andreas
Ken Blake, MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:38:22 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:
> Hi, Andreas.
>
> > That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
>
> Many MVPs - including myself! - agree with you. Vociferously!

I'll be even stronger than that, RC. As far as I know, *most* MVPs,
by far, feel that way about it, and agree with you and Andreas. I know
I do.


> "Andreas Eibach" <aeibach@mail.com> wrote in message
> news:7089v9Fn23v9U1@mid.uni-berlin.de...
> >
> >
> > "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:e#wF9ApkJHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> Andreas Eibach wrote:
> >>
> >>> Greetings,
> >>>
> >>> I'm gonna post this here because there is no Win7 usenet group (yet).
> >>> Plain and simple: library search doesn't work for me at all.
> >>>
> >>> I've done the steps exactly to the tutorial: add ONE folder with
> >>> subfolders (and I kept it to one tree for now)
> >>>
> >>> Then I tried searching, even for most primitive combinations like c*.*
> >>> or
> >>> c* but absolutely no search results.
> >>>
> >>> Does library search happen to be still broken in current public beta?
> >>> (7000)
> >>
> >> Here is where you should post questions about Win7:
> >
> > I take this as a joke?
> >
> > I'm now FORCED to use a www forum instead of a usenet group?
> > I refuse to do that because due to the "Let's imitate DTP as closely as
> > possible" nature of www forums, these have always been slow as a snail.
> > That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
> > And if microsoft.* tree does not want to provide a usenet group--well, no
> > problem, so I'll just find one elsewhere.
> >
> > -Andreas
--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Andreas Eibach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows 7 beta: unable to get library search to work?
Posted: 02-20-2009, 08:29 PM


"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:38:22 -0600, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Andreas.
>>
>> > That's just why I prefer usenet forums.
>>
>> Many MVPs - including myself! - agree with you. Vociferously!
>
>
> I'll be even stronger than that, RC. As far as I know, *most* MVPs,
> by far, feel that way about it, and agree with you and Andreas. I know
> I do.
>
Thanks for the support folks!
Very appreciated.

-Andreas

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
will this beta work on upgrading from the windows vista sp2 beta? Guest Windows Vista 0 01-08-2009 08:01 AM
will this beta work on upgrading from the windows vista sp2 beta? Guest Windows Vista 0 01-08-2009 07:41 AM
Windows Desktop Search Beta 3.0 Setup Error JavaBean Windows XP Configuration & Management 1 10-11-2006 09:59 PM
Vista 64 Public Beta-Update to WDS 3 Beta? (Windows Desktop Search OneDave Windows Vista 1 09-23-2006 05:11 PM
loss of media library and unable to copy to library mat Windows XP Music 1 09-15-2003 06:12 PM