Windows Defender & Vista

Posted: 02-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.

Dave

Windows Defender & Vista


Responses to "Windows Defender & Vista"

MowGreen [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Posted: 02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
Is it set to autoscan ?
What other anti-malware software is installed ?


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


Dave wrote:
> I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
> set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
> exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
> so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
>
> Dave
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Posted: 02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
> Is it set to autoscan ?
> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
> Dave wrote:
>
> > I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
> > set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
> > exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
> > so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
> >
> > Dave
>
Robinb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Posted: 02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
helping in the wd newsgroup, we had a user with a similar problem and it
turned out WD just doesn't play nice with Norton AV suite
robin
"Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BF8A7A73-D3DE-403F-88E4-038AC4ED3284@microsoft.com...
>I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
> almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
>> Is it set to autoscan ?
>> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
>>
>>
>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>> ===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>
>> > I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto
>> > scans
>> > set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the
>> > yellow
>> > exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need
>> > to do
>> > so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
>> >
>> > Dave
>>

Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Posted: 02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks...worked well when I had my old computer with XP, so maybe Vista maybe
not. Never gave much credit to WD anyway...

"Robinb" wrote:
> helping in the wd newsgroup, we had a user with a similar problem and it
> turned out WD just doesn't play nice with Norton AV suite
> robin
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BF8A7A73-D3DE-403F-88E4-038AC4ED3284@microsoft.com...
> >I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
> > almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.
> >
> > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
> >> Is it set to autoscan ?
> >> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
> >>
> >>
> >> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> >> ===============
> >> *-343-* FDNY
> >> Never Forgotten
> >> ===============
> >>
> >>
> >> Dave wrote:
> >>
> >> > I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto
> >> > scans
> >> > set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the
> >> > yellow
> >> > exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need
> >> > to do
> >> > so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
> >> >
> >> > Dave
> >>
>
>
>
MowGreen [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Posted: 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Precisely why I'd asked which other anti-malware software was installed,
Dave. In fact, I'll ask that first from now on <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


Dave wrote:
> Thanks...worked well when I had my old computer with XP, so maybe Vista maybe
> not. Never gave much credit to WD anyway...
>
> "Robinb" wrote:
>
>
>>helping in the wd newsgroup, we had a user with a similar problem and it
>>turned out WD just doesn't play nice with Norton AV suite
>>robin
>>"Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:BF8A7A73-D3DE-403F-88E4-038AC4ED3284@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
>>>almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.
>>>
>>>"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
>>>>Is it set to autoscan ?
>>>>What other anti-malware software is installed ?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>>>===============
>>>> *-343-* FDNY
>>>>Never Forgotten
>>>>===============
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Dave wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto
>>>>>scans
>>>>>set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the
>>>>>yellow
>>>>>exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need
>>>>>to do
>>>>>so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
>>>>>
>>>>>Dave
>>>>
>>
>>
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista and Windows Defender Version AlanHo Windows Vista Security 0 12-28-2007 01:22 PM
Error in Windows Vista Defender cant change anything in Defender! Hans Windows Vista Security 1 06-23-2007 11:10 PM
About Windows Defender in Vista KeJiaLi Windows Vista Security 5 02-14-2007 01:31 AM
Windows Defender will not complete scan on Windows Vista build 560 lgurleyatgmail.com Windows Vista Security 2 10-28-2006 01:00 AM
Updating Vista, Windows Defender Edward Ray Windows Vista Install & Setup 5 10-07-2006 11:58 PM