Real Geek Forums

Real Geek Forums (http://www.realgeek.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows Vista Security (http://www.realgeek.com/forums/windows-vista-security-19/)
-   -   Windows Defender Update Error 80244024 (http://www.realgeek.com/forums/windows-defender-update-error-80244024-a-455011.html)

mrhotdog 12-16-2008 03:16 PM

Windows Defender Update Error 80244024
 
cant update as this message appears, OS is vista home basic 32bit. i cant
also get windows updates, thinking they might be related, help appreciated

Engel 12-16-2008 08:50 PM

RE: Windows Defender Update Error 80244024
 
Hello mrhotdog,

0x80244024 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_VERSION_NOT_SUP
Same as HTTP status 505 -
The server does not support the HTTP protocol version used for the request.

Go ahead and download\update from here
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>


go to the address specified, and in the right column, download the 32-bit
definitions.

Putting in the definitions from the security portal should fix this.


I hope this post is helpful.


Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck


Еиçεl
-=-


"mrhotdog" wrote:
Quote:

> cant update as this message appears, OS is vista home basic 32bit. i cant
> also get windows updates, thinking they might be related, help appreciated

mrhotdog 12-17-2008 12:26 AM

RE: Windows Defender Update Error 80244024
 

shite, i just realised the code is supposed to be 8024402f...
"Engel" wrote:
Quote:

> Hello mrhotdog,
>
> 0x80244024 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_VERSION_NOT_SUP
> Same as HTTP status 505 -
> The server does not support the HTTP protocol version used for the request.
>
> Go ahead and download\update from here
> <http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>
>
>
> go to the address specified, and in the right column, download the 32-bit
> definitions.
>
> Putting in the definitions from the security portal should fix this.
>
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Еиçεl
> -=-
>
>
> "mrhotdog" wrote:
>
Quote:

> > cant update as this message appears, OS is vista home basic 32bit. i cant
> > also get windows updates, thinking they might be related, help appreciated


Engel 12-17-2008 01:18 AM

RE: Windows Defender Update Error 80244024
 
Hi mrhotdog, no problem.

See if anything heяe helps.

Hexadecimal Error Code
0x8024402F

Decimal Error Code
-2145107921

API Error Description
WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS

In most cases, these messages are temporary or short-lived issues that are
caused by very slight interruptions in communications between the computer
that is being updated and the Windows update servers. These issues are
generally self-healing. So, before you try the troubleshooting methods in
this article, please exit the Windows Update site, wait 10 to 15 minutes,
start Windows Update again, and then check for updates. You can also let
Windows Automatic Update install the updates on its usual 24-hour cycle.

Source:
Article ID : 836941
Last Review : July 23, 2008
Revision : 23.0
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941/en-us>

If you have a Wireless Router:
<http://taurarian.mvps.org/WU_XP/0x8024402f.htm>


Good luck
-=-



<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?author=mrhotdog&email=anonymous@discu ssions.microsoft.com&cid=b15e83be-6f88-4289-9281-3b2e29048ba0&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.sec urity&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US>

"mrhotdog" wrote:
Quote:

>
> shite, i just realised the code is supposed to be 8024402f...
> "Engel" wrote:
>
Quote:

> > Hello mrhotdog,
> >
> > 0x80244024 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_VERSION_NOT_SUP
> > Same as HTTP status 505 -
> > The server does not support the HTTP protocol version used for the request.
> >
> > Go ahead and download\update from here
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>
> >
> >
> > go to the address specified, and in the right column, download the 32-bit
> > definitions.
> >
> > Putting in the definitions from the security portal should fix this.
> >
> >
> > I hope this post is helpful.
> >
> >
> > Let us know how it works ºut.
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> >
> > Еиçεl
> > -=-
> >
> >
> > "mrhotdog" wrote:
> >
Quote:

> > > cant update as this message appears, OS is vista home basic 32bit. i cant
> > > also get windows updates, thinking they might be related, help appreciated




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2007 RealGeek.com. All rights reserved.