Windows Media Player 11

Posted: 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
About a month ago, I did a system restore on my computer. Since then I have
not been able to play music in the WMA format. I have spoken with Napster
tried to download their DRM restore for Windows XP, but the file will get to
the 99% complet level then quit without installing. I have turned off system
restore, I have used my Windows XP installation disk to remove media player
and reinstall from the website. All this is to no avail. I implore on you,
if you have a solution to please share with me and the rest of the world.

Windows Media Player 11


Responses to "Windows Media Player 11"

Thee Chicago Wolf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Media Player 11
Posted: 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM
>About a month ago, I did a system restore on my computer. Since then I have
>not been able to play music in the WMA format. I have spoken with Napster
>tried to download their DRM restore for Windows XP, but the file will get to
>the 99% complet level then quit without installing. I have turned off system
>restore, I have used my Windows XP installation disk to remove media player
>and reinstall from the website. All this is to no avail. I implore on you,
>if you have a solution to please share with me and the rest of the world.
Perhaps try re-installing WMP11.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...xp-x86-enu.exe

- Thee Chicago Wolf
MR Tibbs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Media Player 11
Posted: 01-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Thanks wolf, but the Organization of WMP has me baffled, I have performed the
reinstallation a couple of times to no avail. Do you know where to find
sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane?

"Thee Chicago Wolf" wrote:
> >About a month ago, I did a system restore on my computer. Since then I have
> >not been able to play music in the WMA format. I have spoken with Napster
> >tried to download their DRM restore for Windows XP, but the file will get to
> >the 99% complet level then quit without installing. I have turned off system
> >restore, I have used my Windows XP installation disk to remove media player
> >and reinstall from the website. All this is to no avail. I implore on you,
> >if you have a solution to please share with me and the rest of the world.
>
> Perhaps try re-installing WMP11.
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...xp-x86-enu.exe
>
> - Thee Chicago Wolf
>
Thee Chicago Wolf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Media Player 11
Posted: 01-21-2009, 01:39 PM
>Thanks wolf, but the Organization of WMP has me baffled, I have performed the
>reinstallation a couple of times to no avail. Do you know where to find
>sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane?
I am now wondering if you can just delete the file association of WMA
and then, when you try and open a WMA file, re-associate it with WMP
11. That may be another option.

- Thee Chicago Wolf
witan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Media Player 11
Posted: 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM
On Jan 21, 6:39*pm, Thee Chicago Wolf <.@.> wrote:
> >Thanks wolf, but the Organization of WMP has me baffled, I have performed the
> >reinstallation a couple of times to no avail. * Do you know where to find
> >sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane?
>
> I am now wondering if you can just delete the file association of WMA
> and then, when you try and open a WMA file, re-associate it with WMP
> 11. That may be another option.
>
> - Thee Chicago Wolf
I suggest you should also try out "VLC media player" downloadable from
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
It is free, and it is good. I have used it to play a couple of DVD
videos (that of a private function, made by a professional studio)
that none of the other popular media player could do.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help my videos wont play,only audio, on Windows media player or windows media player classic? Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 03-30-2008 04:52 PM
Real player and Windows Media Player - MPEG problems Pedro Windows XP Video 2 11-28-2006 08:21 PM
auto open internet media files in windows media player Carol Customize Windows XP 0 02-05-2006 06:54 AM
Preventing Windows Media Player from being default player Musawwir Spiegel Windows XP Music 3 01-31-2005 06:18 PM
Playback MSWMM in Dell Media Experience or Windows Media Player haighr Windows XP Movie Maker 2 12-14-2004 11:55 PM