Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview available

Posted: 12-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Hi, all. Was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this question.

Up until last week, I've always been able to view my pics with Windows P & F
Viewer without any problems (they're all stored in the "My Pictures" folder).
But, now when I open the My Pictures folder, I can see all the thumbnails in
the subfolders, but when I open the desired subfolder, Windows P & F Viewer
says "no preview available". I could understand if this was happening to
every subfolder's pictures, but it picks random folders that will display and
won't display. I've checked the properties on all subfolders and they're all
the same (why some display and some won't is puzzling me). Quite confusing
to say the least.

I'd really appreciate some input if anyone has ever experienced anything
similar.

Thanks for your time!

Angiejabmsu

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview available


Responses to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview available"

John Inzer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview available
Posted: 12-04-2005, 06:45 AM
angiejabmsu wrote:
> Hi, all. Was wondering if anyone might know the answer
> to this question.
>
> Up until last week, I've always been able to view my pics
> with Windows P & F Viewer without any problems (they're
> all stored in the "My Pictures" folder). But, now when I
> open the My Pictures folder, I can see all the thumbnails
> in the subfolders, but when I open the desired subfolder,
> Windows P & F Viewer says "no preview available". I
> could understand if this was happening to every
> subfolder's pictures, but it picks random folders that
> will display and won't display. I've checked the
> properties on all subfolders and they're all the same
> (why some display and some won't is puzzling me). Quite
> confusing to say the least.
>
> I'd really appreciate some input if anyone has ever
> experienced anything similar.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Angiejabmsu
==================================
Have a look at the following article:

(326675) "No Preview Available" and "File
Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326675

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375



angiejabmsu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview avail
Posted: 12-05-2005, 01:36 AM
John -

I use neither AOL nor CompuServe. The pictures that I'm trying to view are
ones that I've taken myself and uploaded to my computer. Is there anything
that might have happened to make them unviewable? I mean, one day they're
there viewable, the next they're not.

But, thanks nevertheless for looking into it for me. )

Angie ~

"John Inzer" wrote:
> angiejabmsu wrote:
> > Hi, all. Was wondering if anyone might know the answer
> > to this question.
> >
> > Up until last week, I've always been able to view my pics
> > with Windows P & F Viewer without any problems (they're
> > all stored in the "My Pictures" folder). But, now when I
> > open the My Pictures folder, I can see all the thumbnails
> > in the subfolders, but when I open the desired subfolder,
> > Windows P & F Viewer says "no preview available". I
> > could understand if this was happening to every
> > subfolder's pictures, but it picks random folders that
> > will display and won't display. I've checked the
> > properties on all subfolders and they're all the same
> > (why some display and some won't is puzzling me). Quite
> > confusing to say the least.
> >
> > I'd really appreciate some input if anyone has ever
> > experienced anything similar.
> >
> > Thanks for your time!
> >
> > Angiejabmsu
> ==================================
> Have a look at the following article:
>
> (326675) "No Preview Available" and "File
> Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
> Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326675
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
> How to ask a newsgroup question:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
>
>
>
John Inzer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview avail
Posted: 12-05-2005, 04:35 AM
angiejabmsu wrote:
> John -
>
> I use neither AOL nor CompuServe. The pictures that I'm
> trying to view are ones that I've taken myself and
> uploaded to my computer. Is there anything that might
> have happened to make them unviewable? I mean, one day
> they're there viewable, the next they're not.
>
> But, thanks nevertheless for looking into it for me. )
>
> Angie ~
==================================
I thought you said the files were random?

Did you run a full system virus scan using the
most recent definitions?

Maybe it would help to do some maintenance.
It's also a possibility that you have a corrupted
Win XP User Account.

Running Disk Cleanup, Error Checking and
Defrag on a regular schedule is a good idea.

(310312) Description of the Disk Cleanup
Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310312

(315265) How to Perform Disk Error Checking
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315265
(check the two boxes..."Automatically fix file
system errors" and "Scan for and attempt
recovery of bad sectors") the utility will run
the next time you restart your computer.
(run error checking repeatedly until it finds
no errors)

(314848) How to Defragment Your Disk
Drive Volumes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314848


--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375



David Candy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview avail
Posted: 12-05-2005, 07:26 AM
email a jpg file to dcandy@gmail.com

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read David defending the concept of violence.
http://margokingston.typepad.com/har...e_ga.html#more
=================================================
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message news:OkUyZVV%23FHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> angiejabmsu wrote:
>> John -
>>
>> I use neither AOL nor CompuServe. The pictures that I'm
>> trying to view are ones that I've taken myself and
>> uploaded to my computer. Is there anything that might
>> have happened to make them unviewable? I mean, one day
>> they're there viewable, the next they're not.
>>
>> But, thanks nevertheless for looking into it for me. )
>>
>> Angie ~
> ==================================
> I thought you said the files were random?
>
> Did you run a full system virus scan using the
> most recent definitions?
>
> Maybe it would help to do some maintenance.
> It's also a possibility that you have a corrupted
> Win XP User Account.
>
> Running Disk Cleanup, Error Checking and
> Defrag on a regular schedule is a good idea.
>
> (310312) Description of the Disk Cleanup
> Tool in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310312
>
> (315265) How to Perform Disk Error Checking
> in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315265
> (check the two boxes..."Automatically fix file
> system errors" and "Scan for and attempt
> recovery of bad sectors") the utility will run
> the next time you restart your computer.
> (run error checking repeatedly until it finds
> no errors)
>
> (314848) How to Defragment Your Disk
> Drive Volumes in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314848
>
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
> How to ask a newsgroup question:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
>
>
Loochie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
RE: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer error message "no preview available
Posted: 03-19-2006, 07:31 AM
I have the same exact problem too. Was anyone able to solve this problem?
I also do not use AOL so that solution didn't help either.
Thanks, Steve


"angiejabmsu" wrote:
> Hi, all. Was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this question.
>
> Up until last week, I've always been able to view my pics with Windows P & F
> Viewer without any problems (they're all stored in the "My Pictures" folder).
> But, now when I open the My Pictures folder, I can see all the thumbnails in
> the subfolders, but when I open the desired subfolder, Windows P & F Viewer
> says "no preview available". I could understand if this was happening to
> every subfolder's pictures, but it picks random folders that will display and
> won't display. I've checked the properties on all subfolders and they're all
> the same (why some display and some won't is puzzling me). Quite confusing
> to say the least.
>
> I'd really appreciate some input if anyone has ever experienced anything
> similar.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Angiejabmsu
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can i open a photo with windows picture and fax viewer, when i get an error message?? Guest Windows NT/2000/XP 0 04-10-2008 10:01 PM
Can't PREVIEW jpegs, bitmaps on Windows Picture & Fax Viewer Rammy Windows XP Photos 1 08-06-2005 11:48 PM
"Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" error at startup Peter Jensen Windows XP Photos 1 11-04-2004 07:54 PM
No preview available for photo in Windows Picture Viewer Lyse Windows XP Photos 1 11-03-2004 01:19 AM
SP2 preview action - windows picture and fax viewer David Windows XP Photos 7 09-15-2004 03:11 PM