Forum Tools Search this Forum

activex add-on

Posted by LostOnVista | 11 replies | 11-09-2007
Steffen, I checked and "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" is enabled. However, other items dealing with ActiveX controls where disabled so I set them...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)

urgent! .cer certificate installation problem..

Posted by Encio | 3 replies | 11-09-2007
You're welcome. You may want to let your network administrators know about this. Certificates are imported differently in Vista from previous...

Socket Error using Realplayer

Posted by jackeen | 2 replies | 11-09-2007
"jackeen" <jackeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB0BFA25-A2A0-49BC-BB26-463F500354D4@microsoft.com... Socket errors generally...

ESET Smart Security

Posted by Doug | 7 replies | 11-09-2007
Doug <just_me@fake_address.replytogroup> wrote: me I'm not ready to pass judgement on Smart Security yet, since I've just recently installed it....

Sign on Icon

Posted by cpkoh | 3 replies | 11-09-2007
cpkoh <cpkoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You should be prompted for an administrator approval (if you're not an admin, you need an admin...

Selective Notifications from Security Center

Posted by Alton Davis | 5 replies | 11-09-2007
Alton Davis <xxx.xxx> wrote: and Thank you for clarifying, now we're (hopefully) on the same page. I understand you're not out to enable/disable...

Windows Security Service missing.

Posted by Julian Dicks | 11 replies | 11-09-2007
Can you make a file that can be run that will fix it. I too have this problem....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)

windows defender, it will not run

Posted by Khalid | 4 replies | 11-08-2007
Just an inquiry you upgraded from what Windows Version to Vista? Is there by any chance on such upgrade there was an installed Windows...

Vista logging me out

Posted by Debra | 2 replies | 11-08-2007
"Debra" <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB374C2B-4361-4CBA-933C-DAB81D597D1A@microsoft.com... Is this a computer that has a...

Error Code 5

Posted by RENEE | 2 replies | 11-07-2007
Looked at that - way too complex. Turns out it was my Zone Alarm antivirus that was blocking it. Microsoft was of absolutely no help...

System Owner

Posted by Philly | 2 replies | 11-07-2007
There is a seperate partition for backup (hey call it recovery); HP creates this partition on the root drive. I have also completed the recovery...

EFS files require smart card ???

Posted by Miha | 0 replies | 11-07-2007
Hi I'm having a huge problem with encrypted files in WinVista (in a Win2003 domain). Yesterday everithing was working fine, I could normally access...

Programmatically "elevate" my app for a particular task.

Posted by Ricardo Vazquez | 1 replies | 11-07-2007
Ricardo Vazquez schrieb: May be this article helps you: "Teach Your Apps To Play Nicely With Windows Vista User Account...

verifyng files

Posted by ybenju | 0 replies | 11-06-2007
Can I disable the verifyng thing when I want to open a attac file

adding file to program folder in Vista

Posted by Kaofman | 6 replies | 11-06-2007
It is not elevating Explorer in that it is not replacing the process token. It goes through all the motions, with all the prompts, but you can only...

Malware protection not recognising symantec norton internet securi

Posted by Lucas_84 | 2 replies | 11-06-2007
Doesn't your Norton have its own Firewall....and therefore it is disabling the Vista firewall peter "Charlie42" <Charlie42@spam.me.not> wrote in...

How to overwrite a file in Vista Windows folder

Posted by Les | 12 replies | 11-06-2007
Thank you uvbogden, this has made life a little easier for me :) "uvbogden" <uvbogden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)

Norton Internet Security (NIS) removes ability to turn off Network Discovery/File Sharing

Posted by Alex Ferenstein | 0 replies | 11-06-2007
History: 1. When connecting to shared printer on XP machine (alex-pc-xp), on Vista, I activated Control Panel?Network and Sharing Center "Network...

Norton Anti Virus-McAfee error message in Vista

Posted by Judy at Home | 7 replies | 11-06-2007
Antiviral programs are extremely difficult to remove completely from your system. The Vista installer and uninstaller do not do a good job...

Vista Security is Blocking Me Upgrading My Software

Posted by Roger Stenson | 3 replies | 11-06-2007
Sometimes downloaded programs will have a spot in the Properties that says that since this came from another computer the file/folder is locked;...

Display Options
Showing threads 2001 to 2020 of 4363
Sorted By Sort Order
From The
Forum Tools Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search

No new posts No new posts More than 15 replies or 150 views Hot thread with no new posts
Closed Thread Thread is closed