Windows Vista User Accounts

Posted: 08-13-2008, 08:26 PM

I have a Dell with windows vista installed. I created accounts for my
sons and wife. One day i let my computer with my acount logged and
found one of my children was trying to change the names of his account
folders. When problems began (while he was logged onto my account) he
decide to delete the file folders of his user. After that i have found
no way to delete his user from users accounts and all related folders.
Any help on this?


--
Cheo

Windows Vista User Accounts


Responses to "Windows Vista User Accounts"

Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:26:05 -0500, Cheo <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:
>I have a Dell with windows vista installed. I created accounts for my
>sons and wife. One day i let my computer with my acount logged and
>found one of my children was trying to change the names of his account
>folders. When problems began (while he was logged onto my account) he
>decide to delete the file folders of his user. After that i have found
>no way to delete his user from users accounts and all related folders.
>Any help on this?
If it hasn't been too long, you can use System Restore to turn the
clock back on whatever he did. Choose a restore point that precedes
the problem.
victor1244
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM

I am having trouble deleting the user that came with my computer. I
bought the demo from Office max. There is a user named office depot (?)
that I want to get rid of. It is located at C:usersfficedepot. There
also is one called C:users;public with many folders in it. I have had no
success with getting rid of them. I hope someone can help both of us.
victor1244


--
victor1244
victor1244
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 02:02 PM

Cheo, I am having trouble deleting the user that came with my computer.
I bought the demo from Office max. There is a user named office depot
(?) that I want to get rid of. It is located at C:usersfficedepot.
There also is one called C:usersublic with many folders in it. I have
had no success with getting rid of them. I hope someone can help both of
us. victor1244


--
victor1244
Cheo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Firts: Thanks Paul for you suggestion, I appreciate you help.

Hello Victor.

You know, in every place that I have visited looking for a solution of this
problem I have found nothing helpfull. It seems to me that or this is to
easy to resolve that they doesn't think it deserve a waste of time, or it is
too difficult. I know there is a system restore option but all this happened
since the initial installation, so I need others options. I preffer not to
reinstall Vista neither.

We both have the same problem. Some users folders were deleted and now we
cannot go through the user accounts menu and delete theirs accounts. What is
in Windows Vista "a so powerfull system" that doesn't let you do this
accounts deletions?

So I'll keep looking for a solution and if I find anything for you I'll let
you know.

Bye.

"victor1244" wrote:
>
> Cheo, I am having trouble deleting the user that came with my computer.
> I bought the demo from Office max. There is a user named office depot
> (?) that I want to get rid of. It is located at C:usersfficedepot.
> There also is one called C:usersublic with many folders in it. I have
> had no success with getting rid of them. I hope someone can help both of
> us. victor1244
>
>
> --
> victor1244
>
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:40:06 -0700, Cheo
<Cheo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>You know, in every place that I have visited looking for a solution of this
>problem I have found nothing helpfull. It seems to me that or this is to
>easy to resolve that they doesn't think it deserve a waste of time, or it is
>too difficult. I know there is a system restore option but all this happened
>since the initial installation, so I need others options. I preffer not to
>reinstall Vista neither.
System Restore doesn't mean that you wipe everything out and start
fresh. It's a restore of only your system settings and it doesn't do
what you think.

Click the start orb.

All Programs

Accessories

System Toools

System Restore

Don't take the recommended restore point... choose your own.
Hopefully there will be one available that precedes the start of your
problem. If there is, it will WORK.
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:57:56 -0500, victor1244
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:
>I am having trouble deleting the user that came with my computer. I
>bought the demo from Office max. There is a user named office depot (?)
>that I want to get rid of. It is located at C:usersfficedepot. There
>also is one called C:users;public with many folders in it. I have had no
>success with getting rid of them. I hope someone can help both of us.
>victor1244
What have you tried that didn't work, Victor?
Michael Bernstein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
You should not get rid of 'C:\Users\Public' anyway. It is a standard element
of a Vista setup. It is the equivalent of 'AllUsers' in Windows XP. It is
used in networking if you want files sharing, it is usually done through the
'Public' user.

Mike Bernstein

"victor1244" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:9087c94b5d1b70eeb46154abfd3fef1a@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> Cheo, I am having trouble deleting the user that came with my computer.
> I bought the demo from Office max. There is a user named office depot
> (?) that I want to get rid of. It is located at C:usersfficedepot.
> There also is one called C:usersublic with many folders in it. I have
> had no success with getting rid of them. I hope someone can help both of
> us. victor1244
>
>
> --
> victor1244
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:57:52 +0100, "Michael Bernstein"
<mkmike@community.nospam> wrote:
>You should not get rid of 'C:\Users\Public' anyway. It is a standard element
>of a Vista setup.
But all the folders that are in it aren't part of the standard Vista
setup. I would definitely delete those.
Paul Montgomery
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
Re: Windows Vista User Accounts
Posted: 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
On Aug 14, 10:40*am, Cheo <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> So I'll keep looking for a solution and if I find anything for you I'll let
> you know.
You might profit from enabling the hidden Administrator account (URL
below). Once you've enabled it, log into it and try to rid your
system of whatever you don't want. If you plan to keep it enabled,
password-protect it and REMEMBER THE PASSWORD. It might be safer to
just disable it when you are done.

Here's the URL:

http://tinyurl.com/2q56p3
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creating new User Accounts - Windows VISTA Mike Windows Vista Administration 1 03-10-2008 01:04 AM
User Accounts in Vista Home Premium? Blue Max Windows Vista Administration 23 12-26-2007 07:18 PM
windows vista user accounts rickers Windows Vista Security 0 09-23-2007 07:58 PM
Vista User Accounts Rob Grupstra Windows Vista Networking & Sharing 2 05-28-2007 12:18 AM
The Mysteries of Windows Vista User Accounts Jason Windows Vista Security 2 06-08-2006 07:01 PM