iNES for S60 3rd Edition is the latest emulator from Marat Fayzullin, and emulates the NES and Famicom games consoles from Nintendo.
Fayzullin is also the author of several other S60 3rd Edition emulators of the Sega Master System, Game Gear, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Nintendo Game Boy and ColecoVision. A demo of iNES can be downloaded from the official site, and the full version can be purchased by clicking here.
Once you’ve installed it, either by hand or using the PC Suite’s application installer, you place the game files you want to run in the directory /Others/iNES/ on your phone’s memory card.
When you run iNES it will automatically present a menu of all the games in the directory, and you just click on the game you want to play. If you want to change games while in the emulator, you can do so from the options screen by pressing the green Dial/Send key and selecting Load New Program.
Some of the features are as follows:
- A FFWD button which speeds the current game up while the button is held down, very handy for fast forwarding through long cut-scenes or other boring moments.
- Freeze Game and Restore game, which let you save or restore a particular point in a particular game. If a save file already exists for a game, it will automatically load it when you next run that game, which makes any game into a pick-up-and-play one. You can also reset the console from the options menu if you want to start a game from the beginning.
- Gamegenie emulation, for entering cheat codes.
- Famicom keyboard emulation, for entering BASIC programs (I didn’t have the chance to test this however).
- Autofire for either or both game buttons. You can also swap the positions of the buttons on your keypad.
- Audio volume and mute.
No related posts.