Lenovo announced the IdeaPad U8, a new mobile Internet device (MID). The device is equipped with a 800MHz Atom Z500 processor, 1 to 2GB of RAM, and a 6GB solid-state drive. It has two cameras, and includes one USB port, which lets it access mobile TV through supporting tuner add-ons.
Notably the unit is controlled mostly through a stylus-operated touchscreen, and supports wireless technologies including GPS, Bluetooth, 802.11b/g and EDGE cellular.
It will also be capable of running 3G and WiMAX broadband. The Lenovo IdeaPad U8 is set to ship to China on a price that is at par with the smartphones in the market.
You may also like to read:
- Streaming Internet Radio on your Mobile
- Lenovo C- and V-series get Core 2 Duo Upgrade
- Device to block digital cameras In finally Here
- New Age Internet advertising
- Internet now has 100 million sites
- Eight real People who made big on Internet
- U.S. Extends Internet Oversight Pact
- Accessibility for Rich Internet Applications
- Panasonic new In Flight Internet Strategy
- TiVo to Expand Internet-Based Content