Samsung Mobile has also jumped in the increasingly crowded mobile apps store market. Samsung is most likely trying to create an app environment around its high end phones like Samsung Omnia. It has released few touch screen handsets in the mid segment where the company finds itself more often.
The Samsung application store will debut in the European markets of England, France and Italy. The service is likely to be extended to more than 30 countries in Europe after that. The application store will be available at Samsung Apps once it gets activated. The Samsung Omnia users will have to upgrade their devices by downloading and installing a mobile client for the application store.
Samsung claims to debut with over 300 mobile applications and some big names do appear in the list of apps going to be available. The gaming publishers like Gameflot and Electronic Arts will be seen with their games once the store gets opened. Handmark, TAITO, Paragon SW, Capcom, Com2us, Prompt, Pearson Longman, Bokan Tech and Diotek are other application providers which will be selling or giving away their apps for Samsung devices. We shall know more about the quality of apps when the store is opened to public.
You may also like to read:
- LG makes its Application Store public
- GV Mobile Iphone Application Hands On
- 20 Useful & Free Windows Mobile Application
- Mobot a versatile Mobile Application
- Blackberry Application Suite For Windows Mobile
- Get Mobbler internet radio application for S60 Mobile
- RIM To Launch Own App Store
- Dowload Applications Store For Windows
- Fring Officially Available On iTunes App Store
- Create, share and store Flash-based presentations online